Arnaldo Pomodoro Sculpture Prize
One of the aims of the Foundation is to support the research of young sculptors "who intend to perfect and extend the experimental aspects of new work regarding expressive or intellectual languages" through the establishment of a Prize.
Created in 2006 and now in its fifth edition, the Arnaldo Pomodoro Sculpture Prize, is among the few - in Italy and abroad - specifically dedicated to sculpture. It awards € 10,000.00 to an artist between the age of 25 and 45 whose personal research reflects on the idea and on the practice of making sculpture today, offering a significant contribution to the current development of sculpture.
The winning artist will be chosen by an international Selection Committee, chaired by Arnaldo Pomodoro and composed by a group of international critics and curators, a true witness of current artistic research in the field of contemporary sculpture.
The awarding of the Prize is not bound to the use of specific materials or techniques, rather it promotes and favors the free experimentation of sculptural practice and the exploration of its fundamental concepts, considered a novel, original, theoretical and concrete reflection on relationships between the disciplines of art, design, architecture, design and urban planning.
V Edition - 2019
- Diana Campbell Betancourt, Artistic Director of Samdani Art Foundation and Chief Curator of Dhaka Art Summit, Bangladesh
- Anita Feldman, Deputy Director for Curatorial Affairs and Education, San Diego Museum of Art, San Diego, CA, USA
- Martino Gamper, Designer, London, UK
- Lisa Le Feuvre, Executive Director, Holt-Smithson Foundation, Santa Fe, NM, USA
- Anna Maria Montaldo, Download the Director of the Modern and Contemporary Art District of the City of Milano, Italia
- Lorenzo Respi, Head of Production of the FMAV - Fondazione Modena Arti Visive and member of the Scientific Board of Fondazione Arnaldo Pomodoro
- Andrea Viliani, Director of MADRE-Museo d'Arte Contemporanea of Napoli and member of the Scientific Board of Fondazione Arnaldo Pomodoro
Save the date
- Spring-Summer 2018, selection process
- April 6th, 2019, h. 12:15 am, proclamation of the winner within the program of the MiART talks (Fiera Milano City) and symposium on contemporary sculpture
- Autumn 2019, exhibition of the winner at GAM - Galleria d'Arte Moderna di Milano
Past Editions Winners
- Claire Morgan (2006) - download the press release of the 1st edition
- Laura Renna (2008) - download the press release of the 2nd edition
- Loris Cecchini (2014) - download the press release of the 3rd edition
- Antonella Zazzera (2016) - download the press release of the 4th edition